Monday, November 17, 2008

Starting With a Thankful Heart (and a new nephew!)

I was going to write some Blog Anniversary stuff for you today, but then we got the call that there's a new member in our extended family, which makes me an aunt (and my husband an uncle and the kids cousins!) for the first time! I'm an only child, so growing up I never knew if I'd have a chance to be an aunt. I'm thrilled that life's adventures led me to marry into a bigger family and that the family grew today to make me an aunt.

So, I'll stick with my usual Monday post because I can't think of a better way to celebrate the start of a new life.

Today I am thankful for:

1. The safe arrival of dear, little Nate. Well, okay, he's not SO little, weighing in at 9lbs. 6 oz., but he's just a few hours old, so that makes him little!

2. The closeness of my husband's family to one another. The phone was going for at least an hour as we all called one another and celebrated Nate (and his lovely mother who is likely feeling relieved to not be pregnant anymore and tired after a full day of bringing him into the world, and his lovely father who is likely just exhausted from the sheer intensity of it all and cheering on his wife).

3. Little Sister's snuggles this afternoon. She's fighting some sort of bug, so she's been quite snuggly - usually she's wiggly and will only let you get a quick hug and kiss. Today she fell asleep in my lap. There is something powerful about having parents close to help you feel better. I remember that from when I was still small enough to climb into my parents' laps/bed when I was sick.

4. The fact that my parents are squeezing in a bit of a date night for us even though their week is remarkably full.

5. The safe arrival of dear, little Nate. I think that news deserves mentioning at least twice, don't you? Happy Birthday, Nephew!

2 comments:

Nitmos said...

Happy 30 and congratulations on the new aunting (I believe that is a word. If not, it should be.)

sarah said...

Happy Birthday, Brianna! 30 is SO young! What helped me turning 40 was reaching the Masters Division at races! You've got a decade of training for that new division.