Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Books for the Holidays!

've been eyeball deep in tissues and snotty noses this week (Little Sister, who shall forever more be called "Fireball" - for that is what her daddy has appropriately started calling her - she'll be a girl who loves to run in no time, too) . . . so much for compiling a Year in Review for my blog's 1 Year Anniversary. Don't worry about me, I'm not all that broken up about it . . . it is more of a detail-oriented thing than I realized it would be. I'm more into moving forward and taking steps to reach FUTURE events and goals. Perhaps that's why I never got into my idea of Friday Flashbacks as a topic for my Friday blog posts . . .

I did want to bring your attention to a fabulous challenge posted over at My Friend Amy. You can read all about the campaign on her original post for why folks should Buy Books for the Holidays!
I discovered it by way of Scrub-a-Dub-Tub which is the blog for the nonprofit reading group, The Reading Tub. That's a great place for you to learn about some great new books (not just the top sellers, though many of those are reviewed, too!) for families to share together. The Reading Tub reviews children's books and sponsors community programs that encourage kids to read. You should definitely give them a look - maybe YOUR family could become a book reviewing family!
So, how about it? Will YOU be buying books for the holidays? Where do you like to buy books?

3 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Oh I will have to check that out. I actually thought of buying books for everyone, as I like to do a theme, but my brother-in-law doesn't do a lot of reading. Maybe for my god-daughter!

J~Mom said...

We will definitely be buying books! My oldest is a book worm! Happy Blogoversary!!

sarah said...

I'm a big fan and supporter of the Independent Bookstore community. Please check out the IndieBound website created by the American Booksellers Association to learn how you can support your local bookstore and other local business...http://www.indiebound.org/